New Business Checklist
Legal – Seek advice/hire an Attorney
- Choose and Register Business/Domain Name
- Decide on Legal Form of Business (Sole Proprietorship, Partnership, etc.)
- Create/Register Copyrights, Patents, and Trademarks
- Form an LLC
Government – Links to resources can be found at SBA.gov
- Obtain Federal Employer Identification Numbers – federal and state, as required
- Register your business name with the Secretary of State’s office, as required
- Trademark your name with the United States Patent and Trademark Office if needed
- Obtain City or County Business Licenses and/or Permits
- Acquire Sales Tax License if needed
- Employees? Obtain Employment Tax Forms, etc.
Financial – Seek advice/hire a CPA or bookkeeper
- Set up a Separate Business Checking Account
- Set of Bookkeeping System/Procedures Ex. Quickbooks
- Choose Payment Systems Ex. Square/PayPal, etc.
- Apply for a Business Credit Card
- Determine your Pricing and or Packages
- Employees? Choose a Payroll System
- Create a Financial Plan (Projected start-up costs, estimated profit, and loss, etc.)
- Create a Business Plan
- Buy Needed Insurance (Liability, professional, errors, and omissions, etc.)
- Create a Policy and Procedures Manual
- Create Necessary Office Forms and Welcome Packet
- Obtain Office Supplies needed
- Obtain a CRM – Customer Relationship Management System
- Create Logo/Brand
- Create Website
- Design and Print Business Cards
- Establish a Business E-mail Address email@example.com
- Create an E-mail Signature
- Create a Phone Greeting
- Create a Landing Page to collect E-mail addresses
- Obtain a Professional Head Shot
- Create a Social Media Presence – Facebook page, Linkedin, Twitter, Pinterest
- Home Based Businesses – Create a Home Office
- Research Co-working spaces
- Contact Real Estate agent for brick and mortar businesses.
These are the strategies to get your business started. To create your business there is a still a lot of work to do! As a business coach, I will work with you to create a business that you love. I coach you to create your own passion-filled business that enables you to run it your way with ease.
We will work together to:
- Discover your unique personality and values. You will use this insightful information to better develop a plan for success in your business.
- Create and gain clarity on your vision for your business.
- Define what your definition of success is.
- Develop a marketing plan that works for your business and personality.
- Discover your niche.
- Become more organized and create an efficient workflow.
- Create your elevator speech.
- Develop your message and mission statement.
- Create structure and systems to get your work done.
- Develop a CEO mindset.
- Create work and life balance without the guilt.
- Develop a system to better manage your time.
- Creating SMART goals. Develop small easy action steps.
- Provide accountability to reach your goals.
Most important….Celebrating your successes each step of the way!!!